TERMINAL SERVICES ATTENDANTS
Seasonal, On-call positions
You are enthusiastic and reliable, performing traffic control, baggage, and custodian duties. You direct traffic during loading/unloading procedures; maintain terminal buildings and grounds; communicate with other shipboard and terminal staff to ensure the safe and efficient loading and discharge of vessel traffic; respond to passenger queries; and perform additional duties as required.
A valid BC Driver’s License is required.
Please apply by March 30, 2018.
The Denman Island Community Education Society invites applications for a teen night youth worker supervisor. Applicants should be mature individuals with enthusiasm for working with teens and youth. Must be available Friday nights from 6:45-10:15 pm during the school year. 4 hrs./week minimum, $18/hr. Please pick up a full job description from the Community School or email firstname.lastname@example.org and submit covering letter and resume by 5pm, Feb. 15 to email@example.com to the attention of DICES Personnel Committee.
Job Title: Afterschool Programs Co-ordinator
Number of hours per week: 12
Hours of operation: Between 2pm and 5pm
Days of the week: Monday to Thursday
Period of work: September through June
HIES is seeking to employ an individual with related education and/or extensive experience supervising and facilitating programs for children and youth.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director and School Administration to plan, develop and deliver a series of afterschool programs that involve community mentors. This program enhances artistic and recreational opportunities for children.
- Supervise youth and children and ensure physical and emotional safety of all participants.
- Encourage community wide involvement including volunteerism, mentorships, and contributions.
- Set and collect user fees and build program schedules according to budgets with Executive Director.
- Respond to community needs and requests, and strive to offer all inclusive programming.
- Support school-based programs as requested by teachers, principal or director.
- Evaluate programs and make changes and improvements as needed.
The successful candidate will possess the following aptitudes:
- Preference will be given to candidates with a post secondary education in Child and Youth care or related fields of study.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with children and youth.
- Must be self directed and detail oriented
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated organization and administrative skills
- Commitment to continue to develop professional skills with employer support
- Aptitude for technology
- High energy and a positive attitude
Come work with the Hornby Island children!
The Baroque Festival committee is seeking expressions of interest in Costume and Set design for the 2018 production of L’Orfeo by Monteverdi. The contractor, working within a budget, will be responsible for the design and creation of all sets and costumes. For a full job description or more information, please contact Andrew Fyson at 250 335 9047 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications please by January 5, 2018.
This is a project with a total of $2000 funding available. Applicants should submit a budget along with their ideas for sets and costumes for the concert performance of the early Baroque opera L’Orfeo by Claudio Monteverdi.
The successful applicant will:
- design and produce all costumes (simple, ancient Greek or pastoral renaissance style) and stage sets
- report to the organizing committee, discussing plans and showing their progress
- work within budget – some materials are already on hand, as well as costumes from last year’s festival that could be modified
- have costumes and sets finished and ready for the start of the workshop (May 5)
- help with stage set up and costume fitting
Looking for a job in a company or corporate setting?
Consider attending the October 20th Employment Expo.
JTFSecurity, based on Denman Island, is continually hiring licensed security personnel to work events on Vancouver Island, with possible longer-term contracts. Basic Security Training takes 40 hours online or at an approved school on Vancouver Island. Get in touch to find out more: email@example.com
Friesen Family Construction Ltd. is looking for a full-time carpenter. Ideal candidate will have their Red Seal but not required. Min 4 years experience in construction, ideally with an emphasis on single family homes. Belt and basic tools, transportation, and a cell phone are required. Candidates will need to be self-starters and be able to work well with a crew. Competitive pay based on experience. Please send a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org